I mentioned in my “Keep Moving Forward” post that I was thinking about posting my 2013 goals. Well, I decided to stop being a chicken and just do it! Sure, at the end of 2013 there’s a chance that everyone will be able to look back and see how hard I failed…but regardless of what happens, I’m going to learn. I am only 24…I have my entire life to achieve these goals. And I’m going to keep trying until I do!
1. Blog more. (a 2012 goal that I didn’t meet. giving it another shot!)
2. Shoot 10 weddings. (2012 goal retry)
3. Buy a 35mm 1.4 lens (2012 goal retry)
4. Shoot more film.
5. Shoot for FUN. I noticed that in 2012, I didn’t really shoot for fun anymore. I need to get back to that!
6. Get more features on blogs.
7. Write an album. I grew as a musician/singer in 2012, and I’d really like to keep that up!
8. Write a musical. Actually, this is more of a “life goal”. Haha.
9. Get back into my workout/healthy eating routine. I really fell off the wagon when Ian was deployed and I haven’t been able to get back into it…I can definitely notice a difference, too.
10. Use “off-camera flash” skills more. I noticed in 2012, I hardly used my OCF knowledge even though it’s one of my favorite things to experiment with.
11. Create a blog/website that I’m proud of.
12. Be adventurous. Try new things!
13. Read more.
14. Nest! Everywhere we have lived has been a “temporary situation”. Well, four years later and I realize that I have never been able to “nest” even though I’m dying to!
15. Get in front of the camera more!
16. Learn to play One Winged Angel on piano. Maybe this is ambitious for only one year, but I’m pretty sure if I practice enough I can do it!
17. Schedule more “me time”. It’s harder than it sounds. Especially for mommies!
18. Schedule more “me and Ian time”. Again, harder than it sounds when you have two kids! We started this new tradition where we have “coffee dates” as soon as he gets home. Since we can’t actually “go out” for coffee, we just sit down at the table and talk to each other about our days. Sure, sometimes we get the kids screaming at us, but it’s nice to have scheduled time just to talk to each other.
19. Teach Mal to play piano because he loves playing so much.
20. Learn a new skill. Anything!
I might add more to this later. I am actually really excited to come back to this in 2014 and see how much I have grown! Even if I don’t meet every single goal on this list, I am guaranteed to come out of it with new knowledge and experience.
I would love if you guys shared some of your 2013 goals with me! Seriously, let’s cheer each other on. This isn’t limited to just photographers or the wedding industry either! Friends and family, I want to hear your 2013 goals, too!
And of course, I have to include a Christmas photo! Sure, Mal has hot chocolate smeared on his face, and Leia has a mouth full of candy cane…but it’s the only way to get them to sit still for a photo!