photo by Kappen Photography
I got my first camera when I was 6. Since then, I’ve always enjoyed taking pictures of my friends and family, but never considered it as a career for myself until 2009. After experimenting with different facets of photography for about a year, I realized that weddings were my favorite and being a wedding photographer had to be the best job in the world (years later, can confirm).
While spending way too much time obsessing over old Hollywood, all things Disney, Wes Anderson movies and Audrey Hepburn, I finally found what inspires me: Simplicity. Love. Quirk. and Elegance. Thus, my photography superpowers were discovered.
photo by Kappen Photography
BEHIND THE LENS
When I’m not shooting, you can usually find me finger-painting, building forts, or having lightsaber duels with my children. They keep me young! I’ve been married to my best friend since April 2009. You can usually find us watching movies, watching whatever TV show we are obsessing over (currently: Game of Thrones!), playing board/card games or discussing the cool things we saw on Reddit that day. Yeah, we’re totally homebodies, but we do enjoy a good adventure!
Aside from being a busy mother and wife, I am also a musician. I sing, play guitar and piano and I dream of being in an all girl indie/folk band. I am way too into karaoke for my own good and I love a good dance party. And even though I am passionate about health & fitness, I’m still trying to figure out how to keep this sweet tooth under control (the Swedish Fish obsession continues).
I also love Star Wars.
THE BOTTOM LINE
I want to create photographs that you will treasure forever. That being said, I’m pretty sure that’s EVERY photographer’s goal (and if it isn’t, it probably should be). So rather than tell you what I want to do, let me tell you what I WILL do.
- I will get to know you and your future spouse. Getting to know you both is really important to me because not only does it help me get better photos of you, it also gives me a better connection to you and your day. It’s all about YOU, after all!
- I will create a fun-filled, pressure-free atmosphere during your time in front of my camera. All you need to do is show up! I’ll take care of the rest.
- I will probably cry at your wedding. Especially because I take the time to get to know you. Don’t worry, I’ll still be able to take pictures.
- I will have your photos ready within 8 weeks. Signed, sealed, delivered.
- I will love your wedding. I will dance while taking photos at the reception. Especially if you play Michael Jackson.
That’s enough about me, though. I hope I’ve convinced you to hire me (or at least meet with me!). Wanna set something up? Let’s chat! Send an email to email@example.com.